1) passing notes - used to link two melody notes a third apart.
2) accented passing notes - passing note, forms a discord on a strong beat.
3) auxiliary note (mordent) - passing note between two notes of the same pitch.
4) suspension - note held over to make a discord, then resolved, (usually down).
prepare - weak
discord - strong
concord - weak
5) Appoggiatura - leap to a discord then resolved
discord - strong (usually via a leap)
resolved by step
6) Chord note - harmony note which belongs to previous chord