To install this program we go through the following steps:
- If not already installed then install Java.
- If not already installed then install Eclipse.
- If not already done download FriCAS source
- Download the binary plugins
- Unzip into plugin directory
- Start (or restart) Eclipse
The program should then be available to use.
So here is some more detail on these steps:
We need at least Java 1.6. Chances are that this may already come with your distribution, but if not, you can load java from here:
Note: I am using OpenJDK which seems to work fine:
martin> java -version java version "1.7.0_51" OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.4.4) (suse-24.13.5-x86_64) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.45-b08, mixed mode) martin>
Use Juno release, the version that includes 'Eclipse Modeling Tools'. Instructions for installing this are here.
If working with FriCAS it may be useful to download the FriCAS source, if you just need the Aldor this stage is not needed. Goto here and download 'Source zipfile' and unpack.
There are two options here depending on whether you just want to do the minimum to try the program or whether you want to download all the program sources and resources and work from that.
- If you just want to try the program then follow 'Download the Binary Plugins' below.
- If you want to download the complete repository then follow the instructions on the page here.
Goto the gitHub site here.
A tutorial for using the program is on this page.