1 - Load the jdk runtime environment from (if you havn't already installed it):
(If your not compiling any programs of your own the you only need the RTE - run time enviroment, However it must be release 1.5 or better)
run the exe to install it.
2 - Load the mjbWorld class files:
Upload the mjbWorld class files (see previous page). Unzip this file. extract it using an unzipper program make sure that when you extract it you use the folder information, this should extact it to a mjbWorld directory and under are two other directories containing the icons.
(Dont unzip the mjbWorld.JAR file, leave it as it is)
Instructions for those who use WinZip to extract .zip files:
- Open the .zip file into WinZip.
- Highlight all the files and choose "Extract"
- In the extract dialog box, choose "use folder names".
- In the "folders/drives:" section make sure you are extracting to c:\ or the drive that you are using WinZip should extract and place all the files where they need to be.
Instructions for those who use ZipIt to extract .zip files:
- Open the .zip file into ZipIt.
- Highlight all the files and choose "Unzip"
- In the extract dialog box, choose "recreate directories".
- Choose "options" and make sure "recurse Zip Path info" and "recreate directories" are checked. ZipIt now should extract and place all the files where they need to be.
3 - If you are running under Windows you don't need to do anything at this stage. For other platforms you need to go to this page and get the binary file for your platform. It usually contains the platform neutral "jogl.jar" and a native library ("jogl.dll" for Win32 or "libjogl.so" for Linux etc). Put these files into the C:\mjbWorld directory (or wherever you have extracted the program files to) replacing the windows versions.
4 Copy the jogl.dll and jogl.jar files into the appropriate library path for your system. This will be in the following subdirectories under the directory where you installed the Java SDK or JRE:
Jre/bin/ : jogl.dll
Jre/lib/ext/ : jogl.jar
Jre/lib/i386/ : libjogl.so
Jre/lib/ext/ : jogl.jar
(Usually JAVA_HOME points to /bin/usr/lib/java2/
5 If you are running win9x or win NT start up a DOS window
set the classpath, path and run the program by running the batch file included in the zip file or by typing the following: (note where jdk1.4 occurs replace it with jdk1.4.2 or whatever directory holds the java runtime)
6 - If you have any problems check troubleshooting page